Our clients are hard-working people who achieved the American dream of homeownership, only to have it stripped away first by a disaster and then by fraudulent contractors, insufficient insurance payouts, forced mortgage payoffs and inadequate federal aid. These families are living in overcrowded temporary housing, paying mortgage on a gutted house, or living in a gutted, unsafe home. Every day that passes, these homeowners and their families suffer needlessly, coming closer to their breaking point.
When you donate to SBP, you are eliminating unnecessary suffering by helping those impacted by disasters to rebuild and recover promptly and efficiently.
What Your Donation Buys
- $50: Paint for two rooms
- $100: Kitchen sink
- $250: Bathtub
- $500: Materials to frame a house
- $1,000: Refrigerator & stove
- $2,000: Flooring for an entire house
- $5,000: Insulation & drywall
- $10,000: Drywall, paint, insulation, kitchen cabinets, flooring & interior doors
- $25,000: SBP's cost of 3 AmeriCorps members
You can choose to donate directly to SBP or to one of our recovery locations.